If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.California.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Backing up your prepper Efiles

Labels:

Often we preppers blog about what we know based upon our personal experiences and try to share that information with our readers.  In one of my blog entries I recommended backing up your computer files regularly, in case of an EMP, viruses, or having to bug out in an emergency.  I want to remind everyone to back up thier files once again.

When I was home on R&R, from Ass-Crack-istan, I was planning on backing up my files.  The day before the big back up, I was organizing all my files and downloading some ebooks I wanted as part of my collection.  Then it happend........ I was locked out of my computer due to Malware.  Malious softward which was installed on my computer, which was piggy-backed, on a file I downloaded.  It prevented me from doing anything.  The more I tried to fix it, the worse it got.

I took my computer to a tech shop to fix it.  After giving them a $100 deposit, 6 weeks later they tell me that the infection is so bad that it corrupted my hard drive.  I have to pay them an additional $200 just to see if they can save all my personal files...the operating system and hard drive can not be fixed.

Soooooooo, long story short...PLEASE back up your stuff and begin creating your own library by printing out your favoriate prepping ebooks.  Mine may be lost forever; yours doesn't have to be.  For more interesting stuff, come visit me at : Prepare To Survive In California.

------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/
Visit the California Forum at http://www.californiapreppersnetwork.net/

1 comments:
gravatar
Chief Instructor said...
June 26, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

GREAT suggestion. For the past 2 years, I have used a product called, "Drive Image XML"

http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

It is free (they charge for the business version), and it is excellent. I have it automatically back up my hard drive twice each week (in the wee hours of the morning) onto a USB hard drive.

You can restore your entire drive, or a single file. I simply cannot recommend this software highly enough.

Post a Comment


Get Free Templates Here
Template Modifications By Tom: American Preppers Network