If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.California.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Hello, all!

I'm very excited and honored to have been asked to contribute to the California Preppers Network.  I figure that the more people we can all reach with our message of self-reliance, the better off we'll all be.

A little about me and what I do:

I'm a native Californian.  I've spent my entire life, so far, in Northern Cal - with the exception of one year in the Los Angeles area.   I own a company, Bison Risk Management Associates where we teach various self-reliance workshops.  Everything from emergency preparedness for individuals and businesses, to safety awareness, pepper spray and stun gun usage, and firearms training from beginner to advanced.

I've been involved with Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Recovery for more than 30 years.  Many moons ago, I worked for a bank with a Stagecoach theme (hint, hint), and had some basic training and understanding of  emergency preps.

I was able to put much of what I learned into practice when I was transferred to Southern California in 1983 to help build the bank's emergency contingency plans to deal with the 1984 Summer Olympics.  I learned a great deal about what works and what won't.

It crossed all disciplines - civil unrest, terrorism, food and water shortages, transportation issues, data storage and protection, financial preps - EVERYTHING.

And being in California, we were well grounded in earthquake, wild fire, mud slide and other natural disasters.

Fast forward to 1998.  By that time, I was the CIO of a community bank in San Francisco, and was tasked with the Y2K preps.  What I learned there was how to do more with less.  We didn't have the deep pockets of a national bank.  Every dime that was spent had to be justified.

It was all steak and no sizzle!

It was that Y2K experience that really helped to form my philosophy on emergency preps.  You can spin your wheels making up plans for hundred of possible contingencies - earthquakes, tornadoes, EMPs, terrorist attacks, mud slides, job loss, hyper-inflation, food shortages, water contamination, etc.

But when you compare your plans, you'll start to notice patterns.  The same impacts pop up, again and again.  For instance, it doesn't matter if you lose your electrical power because of an EMP, or because a drunk hit a power pole, or because a terrorist bombed a power station.  You have no power, and you need to deal with THAT!

There are 12 Impacts you, as an individual, should consider.

I'll be talking about those impacts, how to determine how they will affect your life (possibly VERY differently from how it will affect others) and all kinds of self-reliance topics.  From grains to guns!

For instance, I'm in the middle of a bunch of experiments on malting my own grains.  I've been an avid home brewer since 1980, and don't want to give it up if there were a sudden loss of malted grains.

One of the side benefits of getting the sugars out of grains (mashing and lautering for you non-brewing geeks!) is that this sweet liquid doesn't just have to be fermented into alcohol.  It can also be processed into a syrup, for instance.

Anyways, I'll be doing posts on a variety of topics here on a regular basis.  I invite you all to visit my Accept The Challenge blog for my daily posts as well.   Anyone who wishes to contact me directly, can send an email to info@BisonRMA.com

6 comments:
gravatar
Felinae said...
March 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

Hello, ChiefInstructor and welcome aboard.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Smiles~Felinae~

gravatar
Loco Gato said...
March 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Excellent post and thank you!
Welcome aboard!
Loco Gato

gravatar
APN said...
March 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

Welcome Chief Instructor, Glad to have you!

gravatar
Chief Instructor said...
March 3, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

Thanks, folks, for the warm welcome.

gravatar
William Lankes said...
March 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Welcome aboard... I anticipte reading some very interesting things from your site...and on this one...

gravatar
Chief Instructor said...
March 7, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

Thanks, William. I really enjoy your stuff that's I've read.

Post a Comment


Get Free Templates Here
Template Modifications By Tom: American Preppers Network