If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.California.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Baking bread on the BBQ

Labels:

Last night I was craving some fresh baked bread but I didn't want to heat up the house...so, I decided to try baking it on the BBQ.  I figured that when we loose power, or experience anyother type of emergency; that I should know how to make the foods we still are going to want to eat without the convenience of the kitchen. 

I mixed up my bread dough...(regular recipe from the internet), cranked the BBQ up to 500 degrees, put a roasting pan and a casserole dish inside to warm up, and this is the result.

Dough rising...



Putting the dough in the dish on the BBQ @ 450 degrees...I put the lid on for 30 min and let it bake...
I took the lid off the let it bake another 15 min... and viola...mmmmmmmmmm



















I love trying new stuff...practice makes perfect...Nobody enjoys eating burned food during and emergency.  For more fun stuff visit me at Prepare to Survive in California.

4 comments:
gravatar
Felinae said...
September 3, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Great idea, I would have never thought of it.

Thanks William, excellent post. I think you are doing a great job with the blog.:D

Smiles~Felinae~

gravatar
William Lankes said...
September 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it. As you know it is difficult to think of things to write about, at times. Feedback is always helpful. Take care of yourself.

gravatar
Gard'n Judy said...
September 4, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

I love it! I can smell the fresh-baked smell from here! What a beautiful loaf of bread. I once baked bread on a campfire, in a dutch oven. I put too many coals on it and the bread got a little dark, but it still tasted good! Good post!

gravatar
PreparingMama said...
September 4, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

That looks wonderful! I bake in my BBQ often for the same reason. I don't usually do bread though. I just make it early in the day. Good to know that it works on that, too.

Post a Comment


Get Free Templates Here
Template Modifications By Tom: American Preppers Network